The ideal shampoo for a spectacular mane
A good shampoo is the basis of a glowing and healthy hair. However, finding the chosen among the amount of products that we offer is not always easy. We are going to teach you how to choose the shampoo that your hair needs and we explain why you have to change the type of shampoo from time to time.
According to a study by the German consumer foundation Stifung Warentest, 94% of women consider shampoo as the most important hygiene product. Therefore, we understand that women are interested in finding the most appropriate shampoo for them. To choose the shampoo you have to take into account the quality and structure of the hair, as well as the scalp. Like most physiological parameters, hair and scalp evolve over time, and this involves changing shampoos from time to time. Fatty hair can become normal, and healthy hair can become thinner and more sensitive.
Shampoo for hair off
Glitter is one of the characteristics of healthy hair. Unfortunately, many of us take away all the shine from our hair with regular use of the hair dryer, the hair iron, very frequent brushes … When the cuticle of the hair is damaged it no longer reflects the light as before, which makes the hair look Off and lifeless. The hair structure can be repaired and lifelonged back to the hair using specific shampoos containing silk protein, apricot nut oil or pearl extracts. These products eliminate residues of hair care products and lime from water. After rinsing, your hair will regain all its natural shine again!
Shampoo for thin and straight hair
If your hair is very thin or has a few years can be straight and stressed. Shampoos that incorporate collagen restructure the hair to give it more strength and thickness. On the other hand, coenzyme Q10 shampoos have a rejuvenating power. This coenzyme acts inside the root of the hair stimulating the biosynthesis of keratin, which tends to slow down over the years. Keratin, the main component of hair, is a special protein that makes hair more resilient and supple.
Shampoo for stressed hair
There are several factors that can make your stressed out hair as dry as straw. In most cases, stressed hair loses moisture due to excessive use of the dryer or improper care. The sun, wind and salt water are other factors that can dry the hair a lot. To choose the right shampoo you have to be guided by the needs of your hair. Fine and stressed hair needs light moisturizing ingredients like aloe vera, yogurt, wheat proteins or panthenol. Stronger but dry hair needs richer softening ingredients.
Rebellious Hair Shampoo
Despite all your efforts to comb, your curls look rebellious? To make them more docile, use shampoos containing apricot nut oil and jojoba oil. These oils help to curl the curls and facilitate styling. In most cases, very curly hair is a dry hair. Most anti-frizz shampoos or curly hair contain moisturizing agents such as Pantheon and glycerol.
Shampoo for dyed hair
Immediately after a coloring, the hair looks perfect, full of brightness and an intense color. Special shampoos for colored hair help preserve all the beauty of hair by protecting it from the bleaching effects of UV rays. In addition, they incorporate softening ingredients and provide shine to the pigments to have a shiny and healthy hair. Some shampoos specific for colored hair provide bright pigments or amber extract to maintain the full intensity of color and shine.
Shampoos adapted to particular cases
Some hairs require specific care. This is the case, for example, of the hair with dandruff or with the tips open. Zinc pyrithione is an active ingredient that contains most anti-dandruff shampoos, softens irritation and eliminates excessive scaling of the scalp that causes the appearance of dandruff.
Long hair with open ends should be treated with the help of very rich softening ingredients such as Macadamia, Oliva or Argan oil. These oils repair the split ends, the hair looks healthier and brighter!
All there is to know about shampoo:
- More quantity is not always synonymous with better result. An amount equivalent to the size of a hazelnut is more than enough for short hair, and the size of a walnut for long hair.
- Make sure your hair is wet enough when you wash it. Too much foam indicates an excess of shampoo, and conversely, little foam means little amount.
- Do not rub your scalp too much during washing. It is preferable to massage it gently. If your hair is very long you do not need to apply more shampoo in the tips, with the shampoo that slips from the top you will have enough to clean them.
- Thoroughly rinse off all shampoo (hair product residues attenuate hair shine).
- Adapt your shampoo to the weather and the changing needs of your hair. In summer the hair is usually drier and needs more care. In winter the hair requires an extra dose of hydration. Over the years, our hair tends to dry out and becomes thinner, so you need products with rejuvenating ingredients.
- If you wash your hair every day, use a mild shampoo for normal hair. After a while, the greasy hair shampoo can dry the hair and the conditioners can make it heavier. It is preferable to use these products once a week.